How to view and type Bangla? There are several ways for that, we are providing the simplest one. It requires an internet connection and we think all of you already have it.
Just download I-COMPLEX from here and install it. This is enough to only view Bangla correctly. You might need to restart the computer.
Copy and paste the fonts to “C:\windows\fonts” folder or “control panel\fonts” folder to view Bangla in the web pages.
To write Bangla anywhere, download and install the “Avro” software from here. You might need to restart the computer.
Run “Avro” and press “F12″ and type something. There are several modes to write Bangla. Easiest way is to Select “Avro Phonetic” from the menu of AVRO KEYBOARD. Write anywhere “ami banglay gan gai”, it will be automatically typed “আমি বাংলায় গান গাই”
(Mane, English e “ami banglay gan gai” likhle bangla te “আমি বাংলায় গান গাই” lekha hobe.
There are also some other available methods including typing with traditional keyboard layouts (Bijoy, Unibijoy or Unijoy) and some other.
To learn typing and other methods in detail, visit Avro keyboard website.
Browser configuration (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Safari) or Bangla font customization for different browsers:
1. From menu, go to “Tools>Internet Options”
2. From this window click on “Fonts”
3. Click on the drop down list for “Language Scripts” and select “Bengali” from this drop down list (you may have to scroll up to locate it)
4. Select any desired Bangla font (BNG or SolaimanLipi) for “Web Page Font”. Then click ok and ok again.
1. From menu click on “Tools” and select “Options”
2. From this window click on “Content”
3. Click on “Advanced” button
4. Click on the drop down list for option “Fonts for” select “Bengali” from this list
5. Complete all the option fields by selecting “BNG” (or any other bangla font)
6. Select “Default Character Encoding” as “Unicode (UTF-8)” and click ok.
7. Click ok again to complete your setup.
Note: Firefox 3 is working fine. Please, use Firefox 3. We are experiencing some problem in older versions of firefox, it will never be solved…. errr….ops…..it will be solved soon. This completes your setup for firefox.
1. From menu click on “Tools” and select “Preferences”
2. Click on “Advanced” tab, click on “Fonts” from left menu and click “International Fonts”
3. Choose writing system ‘Bengali’ from drop-down list
4. Choose a font (BNG or SolaimalLipi) for normal font.
5. click ok until you exit from preferences
1. Click on the “Tools” icon and Select “Options”
2. On the “Minor Tweaks” tab, click on “Change font and language settings” button
3. On the “Fonts and Languages” dialogue box, click on “Fonts and Encoding” tab
4. Select any bangla font (BNG of SolaimanLipi) as “Serif” and “Sans-serif” fonts
5. Select “Unicode (utf-8)” as the “Default Encoding”
6. Click OK and Click Close
1. Open Safari, Goto Edit>Preferences
2. Click on Appearance
3. On the Standard Font and Fixed-Width Font, Select Solaimanlipi in both Fields and Leave the font size as it was
4. Click on Default Encoding, and select Unicode (UTF-8) and close the box
5. Restart Safari
We are not sure how “i-complex” is doing in MAC OSX operating systems. If MAC supports Unicode and Complex Scripts, then you can see Bangla from Safari on MAC pc. If “i-complex” is already installed in Windows pc, you can view www.bn.bdeduarticle.com correctly with the Safari (for windows) browser, as i can see it now.
OK ALL DONE.
আপনি যদি এই লেখাটা পড়তে পারেন, তার মানে আপনার কম্পিউটার বাংলা দেখার জন্য রেডি।
apni jodi upore bangla na dekhe kono box box ( ▓▓▓▓ ) lekha dekhen,
tahole apnar pc bangla support install hoy ni.
Feel free to ask us anything.
[টিউটোরিয়ালটির জন্য ক্যাডেট কলেজ ব্লগ টিমকে অসংখ্য ধন্যবাদ।]